People often ask this question that, “Is it too late to start reading books?”, some of them don’t know where to start and some of them drop the idea of reading even before start doing it.
Of course, it’s never too late, how can it be.
If you want to start reading then don’t just think about it but start doing it.
Reading is good and reading good stuff is even better.
To start with you can make an account on Goodreads so as to discover good books and to keep track of all that you have read and all that you want to read.
Also, don’t just read about everything and anything available out there. What I mean is try not to read trash because there is a whole of trashy stuff out there. It won’t help you. Read good stuff and do a productive reading.
Start with reading something that interests you and then discover new books that you may want to read.
While reading books:
- If the book that you are reading doesn’t interest you then just leave it and move to another one. There are so many good books out there, don’t just hang around with one book.
- Also read kind of books that will have some impact on you, books that will give you a sense of realization, an epiphany.
- Find your purpose for reading.
- And rather than speed-reading do an effective reading. Try to understand what you are reading rather than how much you are reading. Quantity doesn’t matter.
- And actively remember what you are reading. I adhere to it while reading non-fiction. I always ask myself while reading what all I want to remember out of it. I’m talking about the key points.
- One additional step you can add to your new reading habit is writing down your takeaways.
One should never ask if it’s too late because it’s never too late, at least when it comes to reading and learning new stuff.
Most people don’t read because they find reading intimidating or maybe they don’t really like silence and solitude that comes with this activity or maybe because they can’t read as faster as their peers(don’t compete, it is no competition).
Books will open a whole new world for you and then one day you will ask yourself, why didn’t I start reading books earlier.
Enjoy it and don’t just get lost. Form opinions and have fun.
You, Yes, You. The one reading this if you are a reader then tell me, “When did you start reading books?” For me, I started reading when I was 13.
Btw Happy Reading!